new community workshop
current issues faced at 206 cames rd
- Currently hosted by S Mackay in his private workshop which maybe subject to sale
- Membership growth stifled by location in Cames Road – we need to be in the village/heads
- Biased towards woodworking with limited power supply
- Current location has limited parking and no toilet
- At capacity for storage of tools, machinery and equipment
- KDC decision not to pursue the plot of land behind Rose Madsen Cottage
We are cautiously excited about being able to build our new community workshop at the Mangawhai Domain.
We seek broad community approval at the Domain’s next AGM on 27th Sep’20 after which we will undertake a significant build programme.
The first stage will provide a 9m square structure that will provide multi material working with perhaps a focus on woodworking.
The second stage will offer a large outdoor canopy to provide outdoor cover.
The third stage will see the installation of a second 9m square workshop that will focus on metalworking.
Talk to us today about:
- How you might join us some time
- How you can help with any of the following
Electrical or plumbing supply